Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Free fluid around ovary
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Free fluid around ovary

Hi.  I am relieved that I found this forum. I am very scared. I am 5 weeks pregnant but at 4 weeks, an ultrasound revealed too much free fluid around my left ovary and in the pelvis.  The dr. saw a sac which he thought was a corpus luteum by the ovary.  He also saw a sac in the womb.  The day before I felt a pinch by the left side and I had very slight discomfort.  I was sent to the hospital and my dr. inserted a vaginal needle and tapped fluid behind my womb.  He said it was straw coloured - no bleeding.  I have been on bedrest since but I have no idea what this free fluid is.  I am worried because everywhere I look on the net, I see references to ovarian cancer and leaking cysts causing the fluid.  I am to repeat the ultrasound next week and remain on bedrest til then.  I only have discomfort at times, especially when I lift my left leg or walk.  No fever, other pain or significant spotting.  No tenderness to the touch.  Can you advise me?