Ovarian Cancer Community
Good News

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Good News

Hi - I am 60 and was diagnosed with Stage III Ovarian in early Sept. 20012. I was going to pre-admit at the hospital when they discovered that I was Renal failure - no symptoms. I entered the hospital and they fixed that though I had been in danger. I had surgery, but they couldn't do anything - tumor(s) were too large and everywhere. I had to have Chemo. at Florida Cancer center..
My Doc told me I had 27 months. Later on he said, "I'm going to fix you." I was to have 5 hours of Taxol every 21 days. No side effects except fatigue and depression (Bipolar) for about a week I had a Cat scan after my 4th chemo. The report said excellent results from chemo - my Doc said Thery're gone. WHAT!!'. So, now I've had 2 more chemos for a total of 6 and I'm done.. Next, probably hysterectomy and I suggested chemo directly into the pelvis. I find out next thursday. I'm really scared about it coming back. I wish I could be checked everyday.

I have one eyelash on each eye and three eyebrow hairs - have eyebrow tatttoos. I buy lots of clothes on the internet with no place to go - recluse. My best friend died of bone cancer this year. My husband is in remission.

Thank God I have insurance. Several friends died from lack of insurance I get Nulastra shots I think they cost around $6000. to $8000. It's disgusting. My husband gets Sandosatin shots every month - same price. I watched part of the movie "Sicko" until I got too angry and depressed - worth watching.

So, I send all of you love and courage and painkillers.
Good news. I had the surgery and six chemos and am doing well as well. I am 49 and stage IIIc clear cell Ovarian cancer and BRCA 1 positive.

Alex
Alex - That's great! When I got my Cat--scan results, I couldn't speak. My nephew is an Orthopedic surgeon - he was amazed, couldn't believe it. My tumor marker is 14. I have no idea how this happened. I ate a lot of cookies and iced cream - my diet *****. I'm a little anemic - vegetarian. I have fear that it might return.
     How was the surgery? That's next for me. I have a stint that drives me nuts.