Ovarian Cancer Community
Groin Pain Left Side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Groin Pain Left Side

Ok, here goes.  A year ago this month, I had a hysterectomy.  The doctor removed my left ovary and a large cyst on that ovary and my uterus.  I have from time to time a very painful groin that shoots pain down my left leg.  I am wondering what it could be as I don't have an ovary on that side.  The only time if feels better is when I lay down.  I do have a cyst on my right ovary which causes front and back pain most of the month, but the pain is nothing like on the left side.

I am just really wondering what it could be.  I am training to walk the Breast Cancer 3 Day and am so afraid that I will have the groin pain during the walk.  It is until Nov., but, I am still concerned.  Last year I did the walk and was only able to do the first day (17.9 miles) as I had just had my surgery 4 months prior to the walk.  Any help would be great.
Tags: Cyst

Yesterday there was a discussion (about this type of pain) that was posted on the Ovarian Cyst forum. A forum friend sent me a message asking about the Body Rolling technique I used for this type of pain that in my case was from Surgical Adhesions. In the meantime, before I reasponded, she was able to find a link to a long post that discusses the technique. I will post that here and ask you to copy and paste the link into the browser (right? you would think I  would know all of the names of the "parts" of the computer by now :))  .... See what you think and please get back to me if you have any questions.

Hoping you feel better soon.... If the pain is from adhesions, I can honestly say I know how horrible you feel....

Here is the link:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/531388

Sincerely,

Mary

Thank you for the information.  I was driving myself crazy today wondering if it was Kidney Stones (not painful enough).  The pain has gotten better without Motrin and I am feeling better.  I have been drinking tons of water and I think that I could have also been dehydrated.  I too, looked up abdominal adhesions.  My OB thinks that is what I have.   I hope that they have not attached to my intestines.  Thank you for the link.  I will check it out.

Kate
Wow....I'm going to look at this link also.  I, too have horrible groin pain since surgery.  Actually, its dibilitating at times (like today)