Ovarian Cancer Community
Groin Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Groin Pain

Wow, I am so happy I found your site. I am a 43 year old, who have problems with fibroids since my late 20's. In July I decided to go to kick boxing class and really enjoyed it. After my 4 class, I woke up with this terrible pain to be right groin. I thought to myself that I must have injured myself during the class.  Well 2 months ago, I awaken to this pain I never felt before. I thought I had appendicitis. I had an ultrasound and it revealed a 10 cm ovarian cyst. I had a cycle 3 times in August and my doctor placed me on birth control. The cyst is 9.3 cm and is very stubborn. It doesn't want to leave.  How I found this site is because this morning I had groin pain and haven't did any exercise. Thanks you for all the information. I visit my doctor in October to discuss a hysterectomy to relieve this problem. Thanks, again.
Sherry
1 Comment
Avatar dr f tn
HI,
The ovarian cyst of 10 cm is large and also not responding to treatment. Hence it will need to be taken out. This can be combined with a hysterectomy if the size and number of fibroids is large. Small and asymptomatic fibroids may not need a hysterectomy. Discuss with your Doctor.
Hope this helps. Take care and good luck.