Ovarian Cancer Community
Groin/hip pain, excessive gas pains, occasional night sweats

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I'm a 25 year old female. I've been on birth control off and on for about 7 years (currently on them), with normal periods. For the past month or so, I've been having pain in my lower left pelvic area that radiates through my groin and hip. Sometimes I have pains that shoot down my thigh. The pain is dull and achey (achy) most of the time, and it burns in my groin. It is uncomfortable to sleep on my left side, and I wake up with the occasional night sweat. I'm not drenched from it, but it's uncomfortable. I've also been having issues with gas/bloating. I don't have any other symptoms, but I am worried by these. They don't feel "normal." I went to my GP the other day to see what it was and told her I was worried it was my ovaries, but she basically dismissed that and told me I strained my hip and probably had bursitis. Should I be worried??? Get a second opinion?
1 Comment
How about going for a 2nd opinion?  Maybe see a gynocologist.