Ovarian Cancer Community
Half solid half liquid growth in Ovary

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Half solid half liquid growth in Ovary

Hi there,
Good day.
I had done a CT scan and also ultrasonic scan.
A suspected urinary tract infection/stones had further gave everyone a shock by the CT scan result showing that there  is a growth in the ovary.
Ultrasonic scan showed that this growth is a combination of solid and liquid form which sums up to a diameter of 7cm approximately.
My gynae is reluctant to name what kind of growth it is but its 80% benign and she would want to have the growth taken out and have the pathology test to double confirm the blood test which has yet to out.

Please share your comments and views if I can proceed to do a surgery with the gynae that I am currently seeing or i should go for a 2nd opinion? Whether this kind of operation will be easy and there is no no need for me to worry about getting a normal gynae to do the surgery?
You should only have your surgery done by a GYN-Oncologist.  They have much more experience dealing with your type problem.  Yes, it looks like surgery is called for and YES you should go for a second opinion with the type Specialist I mentioned above.
Please do us a favor and complete your Profile with your age, etc.  That really helps when we see your name again.
God Bless you in your search for what could be wrong.  Most likely it is benign. But, you need to know for SURE.
Teresa
Dear Teresa222,

Am 24 female this year. HAd taken out the growth last Tuesday and now at home resting for the healing process to take place.
Blood test shows its negative for malignant but the speciment will have to be sent to the pathalogy lab for further test to confirm the blood test.
Still waiting for the results and pray that its benign.

Audrey