Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Hard Cervical Growth

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Hard Cervical Growth

Hi, i am 30. I have had 2 kids. 1 naturally, and 1 by emergency c-section. About a year ago, I discovered a hard (not soft at all) lump that at the time was about the size of a pea. Over the last year, that 1 lump has gone from pea size to marble size and seems to have little similar lumps growing around it. I recently began bleeding in between periods. Periods that over the last few months have become increasingly painful. Lately, I have begun having bladder issues as well. I went to the ER and was seen by a Physicians Assistant. The P.A. said they don't do pap smears, but went ahead and did a screening for STDs and UTI. The screenings came back completely clean, yet she gave me a shot in the bum of an antibiotic anyway... She said all the cultures came out normal yet gave me a diagnosis of cervicitis. So is that just a term to say... "I don't know what the heck is wrong with your cervix."? I had also gotten an ultrasound done and the tech had found and measured something (she pointed it out to her trainee student), but the P.A. denied it being in the report. The tech also couldn't "find" my left ovary... She gave up on looking for it and in a blah-say manner chuckled and said "It's hiding". Have you ever heard of this before? I know that cysts are somewhat soft... I am STD free... NOT sexually active and haven't been for nearly 4 years. Polyps are also pliable, not hard as rocks, and are from the inside of the cervix. Not on the outside like these lumps are. What concerns me most is that they have started to rapidly increase in number and size.
Hi There
I think you need to move beyond your PA and see a gynecologist
it could be that you have benign cysts on the cervix called nabothian cysts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabothian_cyst

but you need an expert to examine you
even in the setting of a normal pap smear, if there is a lesion on your cervix, it needs to be biopsied
please let us know how you are doing
take care

I don't know what your Cervical lumps could be but I would DEFINATELY be pushing for a diagnosis!!!

Good luck

Best wishes

Rachel