Ovarian Cancer Community
Help with Option, Next Steps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Help with Option, Next Steps

Seeing suggestions/ advice re: next steps.
Since a recurrence of ovca in Aug 2005 I have been on numerous drugs and only out of treatment for 4 months. Here are the drugs I have been through:
Taxol/ Carbo
Doxil
Taxotere
Carbo & Gemzar
Topotecan (2 rounds)

CA has risen steadily, stalled a couple of times, but is now at 2,030
Awaiting CT Skan results to see if surgery is an option. Drugs to consider now are Etoposide (VP 16), IFOS with cisplatin, Avastin (which can be added to any regimen).  I am also researching trials.  I appreciate any input.

Thanks.
Hey there Ann...wow...you have been through hell and I feel terrible for you....I don't know enough about treatments to suggest anything but I felt a need to let you know I care....geeze...I wish I could help or offer advice....you are in my heart.  
Peace.
dian
Hello. When did you have your first surgery and when did you finish CarboTaxol?

Thanks.
First surgery was 7/2001 follwed by none rounds of taxol/carbo.  Upon recurrence in 8/2005 we followed the taxol/carbo regime again After another 9 rounds, I was out of treatment for just a few monrhs and back in treatment ever since. I await the CT Skan to see if there is an operable mass but other treatment is required either way. Thanks.
Hello Ann:

Sorry for this late response, but try going to the Recurrence Forum in the archives and you will find a lot of options that we posted.

Its great that you had a very long remission with Carbo/Taxol. That means you are Platinum-sensitive and that gives you a lot of options. Please update us on your scan.

Jatoo
Thanks for the info.  Ct Skan showed the same tumors (liver and pelvis) have grown.  Meeting with the trial doctor tomorrow for options, otherwise the suggested course is Avastin and Ifosfamide (which requires hospitalization).  Thanks again.