Ovarian Cancer Community
High Risk For Ovarian Cancer
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

High Risk For Ovarian Cancer

In 2005 I had a my uterus removed (it was covered in none cancerous tumors) a few months prior my gynocologist told me that I had HPV and it was one of the high risk strands.  Everything went well after the surgery my doctor scheduled me to come in every three months for the first year and back to my yearly after the first year.  Last year during my PAP test I ask the doctor if I needed to take some meds or anything for my HPV he informed me that there were no meds for me and that I was to old for the one vaccine that was on the market and that the vaccine would not help even if I was young enough because I was already infected.  I went on to ask him If I need to be worried about HPV causing cancer in my ovaries he said that I should not worry about HPV because my uterus was gone so HPV was no longer a serious risk factor in causing cancer in the rest of my female organs.  Having said all that my question, is my doctor correcct or have I been misinformed?