Ovarian Cancer Community
High White Blood Cell Count

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

High White Blood Cell Count

Typically one would see a decrease or low white blood cell counts during treatment.  Have any of you experienced high counts?  Like 18.7?  My mom had been treated for c-diff in the last 6 weeks in between her surgeries and recurrence of her OVCA.  So, we think it may be the c-diff again, and are awaiting her stool sample results.  But, wanted to check if any of you experienced that without c-diff.

Thanks,

Karen
1 Comment
Yes that can happen...might be a minor infection, etc....but it does happen.  I guess the doctor could try and order some blood tests to determine the type of infection, if any, but that may be inconclusive depending.