Ovarian Cancer Community
Hot Flashes are getting worse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Hot Flashes are getting worse

Surgical menopause, the hot flashes were about six times a day. Now it is every other hour. Just finished 6 rounds of chemo. Does anyone know if this will subside?
I had surgery August 29th, and finished chemo December 29th.  I still have hot flashes, but I can tell it is slowly improving.  The night sweats have not, however.  I wake up most nights with a wet nightgown, even though I sleep with a fan blowing on me.  I assume you are like me in that your doctor won't even consider hormone therapy, so, we're on our own.  This is just another one of those things that is going to take time for our bodies to adjust to.  Good luck to you, and keep a fan handy!

Gail :)
Yes your right, but they are so bad,  I am losing alot of water, and yes I am drinking alot. But I will call my Dr. today, and ask him if I should take potasium?
I assume you are still seeing your doctor on a regular basis for blood work to make sure your counts are okay?  When that blood work is done, there should be some indication as to whether you are deficient in any particular areas.  Has your doctor mentioned that?  I'd say you are making the right decision by calling your doctor to ask about taking supplements.  Maybe he/she can recommend something to help with the hot flashes, as well as any potential imbalences.  I don't know that my hot flashes have ever been so bad to make me wonder if I am sweating too much.  I hope there is something that can be done to help ease them for you.  That sounds miserable.  

Gail :)