Ovarian Cancer Community
How long were you tired after chemo?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

How long were you tired after chemo?

Hi everyone who had chemo for ovarian cancer esp taxol and carbo x4 and 3weekly. I have finished chemo now 10months and am still very tired. I went back to work after 3.5 months and have really pushed myself to get better and have energy- but I am still so tired. I recently found I was quite low in iron- but Ive been getting iron injections and it has come back up abit but it didnt make much of a difference with my fatigue-just that my headaches have settled.

I didnt have a good reaction to the chemo and for that reason my carbo was lowered after 2 and taxol changed to Taxotere ®(Docetaxel)

Let me know how long it took you to get over the fatigue. and if you had any stomach problems after and ongoing nausea.

1 Comment
It took me a little over a year, to start to get some energy back. then again some days I'm so fatiqued its ridiculous. my last chemo was 09/08 but since then i have also had two hip replacements. one in 12/08, right after chemo, which was not a good idea, cause i was still weak from the chemo. the other was just recently in 2/10. Inbetween i have also had 4 blood transfusions, cause My platlets were so low, due  to the chemo and the other surgery I am just now starting to feel good and get some energy back. It will come eventually, just have patience. i also had neuroapthy in the feet, due to the chemo. that is just starting to resolve itself. It's been a long two years, but it will be worth it. Hang in there