Ovarian Cancer Community
How many days does it take for biopsy results?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Hi Ladies,
I am getting my left ovary removed a month from today how many days does it take for a biopsy result?
Thank You!
Your surgeon will get a frozen section back while you're still on the OR table.  Final studies of your slides should be ready within 2 weeks after that.  Good luck!
peace,
Anne
To many

sorry shouldnt be glib - sore point. 2 weeks till THEY get them. What happens after that seems to vary enormously! In my case it was "we have you resultsss.......youuuuuuuuu donttttt....... nur nur nur nur nur!

Anna x
I think it depends on you doctor also.  My doctor put a STAT on my reports, and I had it back 2 days later.  I pray things go well for you next month.  Keep us posted.  Kasie
I know that from my surgery the gyne/onc knew it was cancer when he saw everything. I did not get my actual pathology reports back for almost 4 weeks after that - seems I had something that doesn't come around too often and they had a hard time figuring out what, exactly, it was! I did have a needle biopsy doen on one of my tumors prior to my surgery and thoses took a few days, but were inconclusive anyways.
Hi, they did a frozen section while I was in the OR and final report was back in 5 days.

Keep us posted and good luck.

Linda J
THANK-YOU-THANK-YOU-THANK-YOU-THANK-YOU-THANK-YOU-LOVE-TO-YOU-ALL