Ovarian Cancer Community
How many days does it take for biopsy results?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How many days does it take for biopsy results?

Hi Ladies,
I am getting my left ovary removed a month from today how many days does it take for a biopsy result?
Thank You!
Related Discussions
6 Comments
Blank
132752_tn?1273345873
Your surgeon will get a frozen section back while you're still on the OR table.  Final studies of your slides should be ready within 2 weeks after that.  Good luck!
peace,
Anne
Blank
140437_tn?1215113342
To many

sorry shouldnt be glib - sore point. 2 weeks till THEY get them. What happens after that seems to vary enormously! In my case it was "we have you resultsss.......youuuuuuuuu donttttt....... nur nur nur nur nur!

Anna x
Blank
I think it depends on you doctor also.  My doctor put a STAT on my reports, and I had it back 2 days later.  I pray things go well for you next month.  Keep us posted.  Kasie
Blank
135691_tn?1271100723
I know that from my surgery the gyne/onc knew it was cancer when he saw everything. I did not get my actual pathology reports back for almost 4 weeks after that - seems I had something that doesn't come around too often and they had a hard time figuring out what, exactly, it was! I did have a needle biopsy doen on one of my tumors prior to my surgery and thoses took a few days, but were inconclusive anyways.
Blank
Hi, they did a frozen section while I was in the OR and final report was back in 5 days.

Keep us posted and good luck.

Linda J
Blank
THANK-YOU-THANK-YOU-THANK-YOU-THANK-YOU-THANK-YOU-LOVE-TO-YOU-ALL
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity