Ovarian Cancer Community
Hypoechoic lesion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Hypoechoic lesion

A couple of weeks ago, I went to the md with abd pain and lower back pain. I had an U/S done and it showed the following.
1. Complex, echogenic and hypoechoic lesion involving the right ovary, most likely a complex or hemorrhagic cyst.With in the right ovary is a mixed echogenic focus measuring 2.7 x 2.0 x 2.1cm containg a smaller hypoechoic foucs within measuring 2.0 x1.1 x 1.5cm.

They also found fluid in my uterus called "Venous lakes"
I had a D and C a few monthes that showed chronic inflammation.

My CA-125 showed a 17. They want to follow up with another U/S in 6 weeks. Should I wait or should I be more aggressive about this??

HI there
How old are you?  Does this run in your family? Do you have irregular bleeding?  YOur cyst is small and your CA 125 was normal (although unreliable).  I would say based on everything i have read and ive read alot that it would not be unreasonable to wait the 6 weeks.  But then again if your pain got worse and you didn't want to wait you could speed things up.  It is possible this cyst could go away on its own , its also possible it could get much larger in 6 weeks. Im not a doctor. The only way you will know for sure what it is is to have it taken out and sent to the Lab.  I don't know anything about "venous lakes". Good Luck and let us know how you do.
Thanks for responding. I am 30 years old.  I had heavy and LONG periods until I had a thermal ablation done back in April. Now I have no periods. I still hurt daily but it is not escruitating pain. I think I will just wait it out. My aunt had fibroids and my grandmother had breast cancer and lymphoma.