Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
I have a Teratoma Cyst 10cm?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

I have a Teratoma Cyst 10cm?

I'm only 18 years old and i just found out i have this cyst. I hate going to doctors and have a big fear of needles. I will be going to the doctor next week. they said that it need to be removed ASAP. it is 10cm by 11cm on my right side of the ovaries. Large I know. Is there a good chance i will need to remove one of my ovaries?  About how long is recovery? What can i do to make sure im not as scared?
242604_tn?1328124825
Hi there,
it is alot to go through at 18 - having to be subjected to poking and proding and the discussion of surgery. very stressful.

ovarian cysts that are un-related to the normal menstrual cycles can get large over time. Most of these non- menstrual cycle type cysts are benign.
The most common type in young women is a growth that comes from the egg cell that contains the normal tissues of the body all jumbled up (as if the egg was trying to create a baby but without the sperm, it cant ) there is hair and fat and other tissues of the body in these little cysts.

when they get bigger than 4 to 5 cm, they can twist and cause pain. then it should be removed.

usually it is possible to preserve the normal ovarian tissue and just take out the cyst
good luck
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Chemotherapy Tracker
Chemotherapy Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Ovulation Tracker