Ovarian Cancer Community
I have pain in my left ovary, it is swollen, very hard, and tender.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

It is about the size of a Quarter, it also feel like there is a fever there. I am 33, my periods have been irregular for five years. I have never felt any pain or even thought about where my ovary was, but this is kinda scaring me. Has anyone else ever had this and what should I do? Thanks for your time, God bless.
it could be a cyst if i were you i would go see a dr it could be something serious.. don't mean to scare you
I agree with Snoball. I would go to the Dr.

Sometimes it is better to go and find out what is going on (if anything) because the fear of not knowing is usually worse than anything we might find out. Knowledge is a great first step.

I will keep you in my prayers and hope they find out why you arent feeling well.

Let us know how you are doing.

God bless and good luck.
I've been having the same problem for about a month also.  I've never had history of cysts or anything like it, but the pain was so intense I had to go see a doctor. They did a sonogram and found I had some liquid located on the left side in my uterus but suggested more tests.  So I had about 4 sonograms to find I have 2 cysts one of each side of in my uterus.  I'm 28 yrs old and have no kids so you can understand how frustrating this could be.  My husband and I were thinking about starting to try for a baby, having me go off the pill right now I'm confused as I can be.  My doctor said is not a big deal because they're not big but the pain I get before, during & right after my period it's crazy.

I was in so much pain yesterday I couldn't walk on my own for about 1/2 hour, I think same thing as last time happened one of them cysts just busted, I can't describe the pain or even relate it to something I've had before, only thing I can say it's bad and hard to deal with, because they don't give you medicine to deal with the pain, just hang in there like that's going to help, I didn't go to the emergency room because they never find anything and always send you to follow up with your gyn, I just need something that will ease up the pain I already know I have the cysts.

If I was you I would go to the doctor and get 2nd opinions also, just like I did, they both had the same result, cysts in my uterus.  Good luck, go to your doctor and to a 2nd one just to be sure, try to hang in there as much as you can, I'm trying to do the same thing and I know is not as easy to say it than to do it but it can be done.

Good luck!