Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
In pain need answers

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

In pain need answers
I am 36 years old and the last few months I have had severe pain near my right ovary and am experiencing a watery , sometimes thick and gray discharge. Also sex is a bit painful and I bleed after sex. (Since I have had my IUD, I do not get periods) 2 weeks ago I had a pap smear and it was normal. A few days ago an ultrasound to check the location of my IUD and to check my ovaries. It was VERY painful when she viewed my right ovary :( But the ultrasound was normal. My docotor saw no sign of an infection upon my exam when I had the pap smear.

She is not sure what is causing my symptoms. Neither am I. I would really like to know what is causing this and for the pain to go away.

Please help!!!
Hi there
it sounds like you are in good hands with your doctor. Your doctor has the right information to help and counsel you.

Pain is a very complex issue.Your normal workup is very reassuring and your should followup with your doctor.
ask her if the pain could be form the IUD and whether that should be removed
best wishes
Chemotherapy Tracker
Chemotherapy Tracker
Ovulation Tracker
Ovulation Tracker