Ovarian Cancer Community
Incisions are burning - Is this normal?????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I had laproscopic surgery last Wed. to remove my ovary and a tumor (luckily benign).  The made three incisions.  The dr. said the incision they removed the ovary and mass was bigger than anticipated so they could remove it without it breaking up. Well that incision is burning.  I went for a follow up on Friday and dr. said no infection.  I go again this Friday but the burning sensation is really bad.  It starts at the incision site and radiates into my groin area.  It feels like an overdose of icy hot.  Is this normal????? It burns even more when standing or sitting but subsides when laying down???  I am trying to hold out until my visit on Friday.  Has this happened to anyone else or shoud I be concerned????

Thanks guys!
Oh yet I ment to add that my waist on the same side of the incision is sore as well.  Almost like I did 5000 crunches.
hey xyz!i was actually wondering the same thing..i had a bikini cut for my tah thursday,and its been burning,but tonight,part of my insicin has popped open,and its ooing gunk..and its burns like fire...im also hurting on one side also,i hd been told that was normal...havent called the doc over my insicion though.congrats on it being benign!!!sonie
Do you think you might be allergic to the stitches or staples?  Here's a hug to help you feel better.
~Tascha
hey they,
i feel your pain. i am in the same boat. birning itching, and pain. cant get comfy, uncomfortable to sleep. waiting for foolow-up tom with doc. will remove staples and hopefully feel better. loveand hugs to all my freinds. hang in there....toni
Hey Everyone

Great news xyz123! I hear ya about the burning! Had a laparotomy in May '05 for borderline OVCA & had burning sensation that you're experiencing as well as numbness. Along entire incision. Felt like bad sunburn. Oncologist said not uncommon, most likely nerves regenerating. Also burned when I overworked abs so take it easy & let your body heal. Good news is that burning sensation eventually went away as did numbness. Lasted about 6wks.in varying degrees. As you know everyone's experiences are different, so hoping your burning subsides quickly.

Christine