Ovarian Cancer Community
Interval Debulking

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Interval Debulking

Hi Ladies

I posted my original question in late Feb before my op and have only just now found I had 3 responses!!  I tried to post an update on that original post but there's no where for a reply!  So here's my update and thanks to the ladies who replied back then.  I had my op on March 5 and prior to surgery the Dr's told me that they were expecting that the cancer had spread to my diaphragm and bowel and that I would be in theatre for 6-8 hours and then go to ICU.  Op results were better than expected, less than 4 hours on the table, no ICU and the cancer was confined to the pelvic region and is a 3A.  I've now got 4 weeks of chemo to go and have coped extremely well, only hair loss and tiredness and I have been able to work the whole way through!!  (from home though)  But now my blood levels are not the best so have had chemo postponed the last 2 weeks.  So have read up on natural ways to increase platelets and went shopping on the way home from the hospital today!!
My CA125 was 3900 pre op, then 450 post op and 2 weeks ago it was 7.9!!!!   So yes we are all pleased with that result.  
Good luck to all the other ladies out there
Chuck

This discussion is related to Interval debulking.
My Cancer spread to my diaphragm. Do you ever get diaphragm spasms?
I do they last for hours.

Alex
No but the lady I was in hospital with had it in her diaphragm.  I will ask her next time I email and let you know.
How are you keeping Alex?
I have one more chemo session to go and then see the surgeon in 3 months.
Take care
Chuck
I am doing well. I am on Doxil and AMG 386 trial. So far so good. My Cancer has spread to my liver and lymph system.

Alex
I hope that the trial isn't too hard on you Alex.  And that it can target your trouble spots very quickly.
Take care and know that I am thinking of you

Chuck
Thanks. So far so good. I get sick for a few days after the Doxil. Otherwise I am okay.
Chuck