Ovarian Cancer Community
Introducing the Community Leader Program, and 2 Community Leaders

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

We're very pleased to announce the launch of our new Community Leader program. As MedHelp has grown in both number of members and the number of communities we have, the needs of these communities has also grown. Our Pregnancy communities would like to see different features than our Ovarian Cancer community. Out of this need, we came up with the Community Leader program.

A Community Leader will be a MedHelp member who will act like an ambassador to MedHelp, helping to communicate the feedback from the community as well as help us communicate back to the community from MedHelp. When we launch new features, like the Notes feature today, they will be able to help out with any questions. In addition to helping MedHelp, they will also be working with their community to help it grow, by welcoming new members, bringing up suggestions, etc. As always, anyone is still welcome to contact MedHelp directly. We love hearing from our members and it's a big part of what has made the site what it is today.

One thing to note, Community Leaders, will not be replacing the MedHelp moderators currently monitoring the site, however, the Leaders will be able to help if there is an issue and work with our moderators to address it. The Leaders are not working for MedHelp, they are still members, but ones that have taken on some added responsibility.

We're extremely excited about this program, and we're pleased to announce that we already have two Community Leaders for the Ovarian Cancer community.  Please join us in welcoming Mid and Gah_70 as the first Community Leaders for this community. Both have been long time members and have been very committed to helping out of there years. We're excited both have agreed to be a Community Leader and we're looking forward to working with them and you, to continue improving the experience in this community.

MedHelp
Congrats Ladies!! I know you will do a wonderful job. Paula
Mid and Gail,

What a great idea , well done and good luck !!

Angiexx

What a challenge for you both, to find the time to devote to this very busy forum. I applaud you for your generous spirits.
To my friends...You will do a great job...that's for sure!

Love, Mary
Congrats, Mid and Gail!!!! Thanks, for taking on the challenge. However, being relatively new to this forum, I don't really know you guys (Mid helped me fix the "intrests" in my profile, though.....Thanks, again). For those of us that don't know you, could you give us a little "view" into your lives? I just want to get to know you. Hope I'm not being too invasive.

Thanks,
Shari
Well, I am glad they picked two of the most level headed people on this forum.  Not that everybody else isn't of course.  :-)    I hope people don't think they can bug you to death now.  

SHARRI:  If they don't get back to you soon you can see a little bit about them in their profiles.  That is why it is nice to do profiles.  Oh, if you type someones screenname in the search box it will bring up all of their posts and journals so you can read a little about them that way also.
Thank you ladies for the kind words.  Sharri, I will get back with you later with a little more info about me.  I am currently in Houston this week for my tests and doctor visit at MD Anderson.  I will be home on Saturday, and will be glad to give you "the scoop" on me.  Hope you all have a wonderful week.  If anyone is up to it, I can certainly use some extra thoughts and prayers this week.  You all know how the tests weigh on your mind and shake you up a bit.  I appreciate it!

Love,
Gail
Gail ,
Will be thinking of you and sending prayers your way , hoping there is good news for you.

Take care Angiexx
You've got it, Gail. I won't stop sending positive thoughts and prayers your way until I hear good news from you....And, heck, I may not stop sending positive thoughts and prayers your way ever then :)

Love, Mary
Medhelp made a great decision.  Both of you have been such support to me!!  I look forward to your leadership.  Gail, do update us as soon as you have time.  I will be thinking of you.
Mary, I can tell you that Gail is a sweet, kind, level headed, knowlegdeable, and generous woman who has a warm smile and kind eyes.  I was lucky enough to meet her Saturday night and both her and her husband are delightful.  I haven't met mid but I do know she has a great sense of humour.

Gail: You know you are in my prayers as also, but especially so this week.  I hope all your scans are A Okay.

Thinking of you Gail, as always. Good luck with your tests...
I think it's great that you and Mid are helping out over here..thanks for offering to do it!
((HUGS))
Becky
Congratulations and thanks to both of you for helping out here. Great choices; and I'm sure you'll do wonderfully!

Gail - prayers and positive energy just left here and are headed your way!

Judie :)
Congratulations, and thank you for sharing your time.Gail, have a safe trip and get good news!   Donna
Thank you for all the kind words.
A little about me:

I live in Australia.  
I'm 45 (nearly 46).  
I'm married have three sons ages 29, 15 and 9 and a daughter aged 14.  I have two grandchildren.  
I joined Med Help in Oct 2005 but had been reading it before I joined.

I had a problem with ovarian cysts and because my mother has had breast cancer the doctor mentioned to me that it put me at risk for ovca.
I found Medhelp and this forum and felt the warmth and helpfulness from the women here.

My cyst went away but I have had them on and off since.  More than likely I'm just going through perimenopause but I stayed here because I have made many friends and feel very close to everyone.
I have made it my mission to help spread the word about ovca.
I may not post often but I do read every day..

I was asked by Cindy from Med Help last year if I would like to me be a community leader and was very happy to help Med Help.......

Congrats!!! Wishing you both good luck!!! Gail.....Sending love, prayers and good wishes for a positive outcome!!!! Gia :)
Congratualtions! Though I don't know either of you real well, from what I can tell you will do a fine job.
Excuse me though because since my brain has been running in slow motion for the past two weeks now, I have to ask a stupid question. What is it that you are going to be doing? Kind of like acting as a go between for all of us and the forum? If so, that is just great as maybe it will help with a lot of different things.
I wish you both lots of luck and have to thank you for taking on this extra effort for all of us.
  Best wishes, Chris
Ay me ole muckers! Dont let all that power go to your head ay. I am not doing detention and thats an end to it :D

Hmmm does this mean ur little old pal Annie-go-likely gets away wiv extra swearings ;)

Anna XXXXXXXXXxx HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you!!
Congratulations to the "Site Senseis"   ha ha  
You two 'puter whizzes rock!
Thinking very very positive thoughts and prayers for you Gail.
Big hugs from
Katie
PS if Anna gets to swear I do too
Love you both....but if Anna and Katie get to swear....look out for the loud mouthed New Yorker.

Gail - good luck this week....have fun with Shawn...tell her to get her ... back on here too.

Love,
Pam
You two are awesome!!  You two will do a great job.  Love you both!!
OOPS, I hit sent too soon.  LOL  

Gail, you know that you are always in my thought and prayers.  I will never stop praying for you.  I hope you and Shawn are having a wonderful time (but not too much fun without me. LOL).  I hope we can all get together again soon.  I am anxiously awaiting news on your tests today.  Love you.  Kasie

PS Tell Shawn Hi and I love her too!
Congrats Gail and Mid
butterflytc
Congratulations to Gail and Mid on becoming the Community leaders.  This site is a constant source of love, support and information for and by amazing woman....thank you.

xx
Kim

Congrats ladies!!  I finally remembered my login and passwords.  I'm always reading, but never posting.  LOL!!! Well done!  I'm going to swear too...just for the record.