Ovarian Cancer Community
Iodine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Iodine

I have a bunch of loving (well meaning) alternative therapy friends and some have turned me on to things which I really think have some scientific basis and others, not so much....anyone here ever hear of the link between Iodine and ovarian/breast cancer? ...Ive also been inundated with the low dose naldexdrone stuff...what have people learned about this?

Thanks in advance.
c
Nothing to share with you but wanted to let you know I have a few of those people in my life too - it certainly makes  life interesting!  My response is always the same..."when YOU get cancer then by all means, YOU can try that!".
Good luck...
Becky
Hi, Christina, Iodine I never heard of that one, and Becky I have  those people in my life too, I love your reply.
Jane
Christina, I have never heard of the iodine thing either. But like Jane and Becky, I also have those well meaning people in my life too. In order to keep from hurting their feelings by telling them I would no way try any og that, I just tell them that since I am on chemo, everything that I take that is not prescribed to me, has to be oked by my Dr, as some natural remedies can affect the way that chemo works. That is usually all it takes to keep them from going on and on about it.
  Chris
I don't have any alternative medicine "friends" in my life.  I wish I did.  All I have is people telling me how I need to stay positive and I can beat this.  Never heard of the Iodine connection only the talcum powder connection.
I had a relative tell me that if I went to a "neighborhood oncologist" and not Sloan Kettering, I'd die and it would be my fault. Nice.
Jane
Hi Christina,
OMG, I have to tell you that I am SO VERY SICK of people telling me why I got cancer or how to make it go away.    I spent the first six months past dx just being pissed off at people.  I did not gain much support from them at all.  If you ask me, people want ot make sure there is something we did to get cancer so they make themselves feel better than they won't get cancer because they are "enlightened."  Anyway, cancer dx has certainly shown me many things about my friends, family and myself.  The bottom line is...we didn't cause this.. It is just circumstance of this life!  Best wishes to you!