Is a reading of 1560 high for a CA 125 test?
My sister has been battling cancer for almost 6 years and she has been on and off chemo pretty much this whole time.  She has a tumor in her lower colon area and  is bleeding when she uses the restroom.  Can anyone tell me if this means she is "severe" now?  I am so worried about her.  Thank you and God bless.

This discussion is related to Elevated CA-125 Findings.
That is a pretty high number for CA125.  But what was her number before? Has it come down? Or is it going back up?  CA125 can be elevated for a number of reasons but they do like to watch it to see if the chemo is helping. Just a single reading isn't enough to let you know how she's doing overall. She's been fighting this for quite a few years and things will go up and down. I hope she's on the downward swing in terms of her CA125.

I have a friend that's been fighting her OvCa for 11 years now and is still moving along quite well. Has to fight during the hard times and celebrates during the healthy times.