Ovarian Cancer Community
Is a reading of 1560 high for a CA 125 test?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

My sister has been battling cancer for almost 6 years and she has been on and off chemo pretty much this whole time.  She has a tumor in her lower colon area and  is bleeding when she uses the restroom.  Can anyone tell me if this means she is "severe" now?  I am so worried about her.  Thank you and God bless.

This discussion is related to Elevated CA-125 Findings.
1 Comment
That is a pretty high number for CA125.  But what was her number before? Has it come down? Or is it going back up?  CA125 can be elevated for a number of reasons but they do like to watch it to see if the chemo is helping. Just a single reading isn't enough to let you know how she's doing overall. She's been fighting this for quite a few years and things will go up and down. I hope she's on the downward swing in terms of her CA125.

I have a friend that's been fighting her OvCa for 11 years now and is still moving along quite well. Has to fight during the hard times and celebrates during the healthy times.