Ovarian Cancer Community
Is this last stage>>

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Is this last stage>>

Hi All,

Mom's condition is deteriorating as the days pass by... She is bedridden now.. Last time I spoke to doctor, he said nothing much can be done.. They've stopped chemotherapy a month back because her body was unable bear it anymore, the Platelets count were falling drastically and so were the RBC and WBC. After going through 18 cycles of chemo-therapy  from Jan-2007 till Sep-2009.. The cancer now seems to have spread in her lungs and liver and now nothing seems to  be working.. She isn't having any food, she is on morphine to kill pain.. She keeps vomiting whatever she consumes.

The pain seems to unbearable, I've never gathered enough strength to ask doc how many more days she has.. but I know things aren't looking all the good. She has lost so much weight in last 2 weeks(10 kgs). Am not sure what to do now..
I am so sorry your mom is in so much pain, send you all my prayers.  Is hospice coming into your home?  If so, they should be educated in answering your questions.  It sounds like you are already doing what your mom needs you to do, staying in communication with her doctors and being there.  I hope you have support too, wish I had more to tell you.  Wishing you all comfort, sending love, Angie
I am sorry to hear about your mother's condition. I would pray for your mum and your family.
That is very hard to hear, certainly I will also hold you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.  It it wonderful for your mom that she has you there to support her - and please do make sure you find support for yourself as well.  I know there are some resources online, but a lot of folks really benefit from having hospice involved, and I know they deal all the time with the issues you and your mom are facing right now.  

http://www.hospicenet.org/
http://www.cancercompass.com/message-board/caregivers/1,0,122.htm

I've lost my mum last month and I still feel devastated… I miss her so much…
BTW.. just wanted to thank each and everyone of you, who’ve always been very supportive.. May god bless you all..

Thanks,
Hasan  
Hasan,

I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your mom.  I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Peace,

Karen