Ovarian Cancer Community
Journals

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Journals

Just FYI... I was on the Ovarian cyst forum and noticed the "addiction" entry.. The same entry is on this journal site as well .. I  don't think anyone is deliberately posting over here or there. I 'm wondering if it shows up on ALL community journals in which you have membership. Try it yourself and you'll see.. I put a journal entry on the OVCyst form and here it is--- over here as well..

I didn't enter it here...curioser and curioser...Sandy
I don't see where under their profile they ever posted on ovca? It is weird, I am not under ov cysts I just looked, but I haven't posted there.But if I post someone that is I show up on the side. But if I look at 2 people posting and neither one seem to have ever posted on ovca????
I don't completely understand how MH has it set up. I did figure it out that if you post on a forum, you're automatically "joined" to that forum. And if you journal, send a note, make a comment - that will be mentioned under recent activity on all forums where you post. The only exception (maybe) is when I've replied to a "note" from someone, that doesn't appear in the box to the right. That's all I know at this point.
I have noticed that the notes don't always show up in recent activity, too. They usually do, but every so often I'll send one and it won't show to the right. Marie
It's not really much of a bother but....the other day it was just loaded with some people from ????? I never could figure out where they came from. I thought about writing them a nice little note, but never got to it.. Would a note to Mid be the way to go?
Irene, posting on a forum doesn't make you join one, if you look under your list of forums you will see the "Join" option on all the forums you have been to, but you have to actually click the join button.  It is an automatic option that pops up not an automatic membership.  Try it by going to any other forum and than looking at your profile.
Well, handsome hubby laid a nice fire outside so I am heading out for a little romance.  Sorry, you guys are swell but....  LOL

Sandy:  Those people have to be deliberately posting over here and it is creepy.  I don't go over to other forums that I have no business in.  I would feel like a peeping tom.  I would let Mid, Gail or MedHelp know if you have a problem. There are some nutjobs on here.
Jan
When the Ovcyst forum opened I did not join.. I only  joined back in December when I joined the OvCa forum.. I was automatically a member of Ovcys when I posted the first time. I wondered about it and checked the membership and there I was.

Don't know if you read one of my other posts, but I replied to Tybear's journal from the Ovcys side. .. Yet it had been posted on the Ovca site...  Check it out...

Check it out later... I will post in a minute  to you Jan.. I will post from the Ovcyst side and it will appear on the Ovca site..

Later, Sandy
Mystery solved somewhat.. check the main posts on Ovcys . I had written to Mid earlier and sure enough a few replies including one from Mid.  if you journal in one community, it will appear on all others in which you hold membership.. .There are 3 different ways to set your journal.. you may have all view, only your friends view or only you.. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to have only "that community" view. But frankly if I want to have only 1 person see it, I'll just e-mail anyway..

And yes Irene you are correct.. If you go to "Members" on Ovcys.. you will see my name.. I never "joined".. yet I am listed as a member..

And, I think if I see groups of names from????? we should  just drop a few journals in there and they will disappear in a heartbeat.

Well, my mother always said I was like a d*** bulldog.. I hate mysterious things...
Later, Sandy