Ovarian Cancer Community
Krukenberg tumor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Krukenberg tumor

My sister-in-law has been diagnosed with Krukenberg tumor from a signet ring adenocarcinoma( as per biopsy ) .She has undergone following treatment :
1) removal of uterous, ovary & omentum.
2) chemotherapy - Oxaliplatin & Capecitabine.
As even PET scan remained inconclusive(CK7,CK20 & inhibin are non-contributory, Mucin is positive), doctors are assuming the primary site to be rectum.My question is will she survive?  

This discussion is related to Ovarian cancer.
1 Comment
I think your best bet would be to talk to the doctors and ask directly - even to get a second opinion if you can.  Of course even doctors don't know exactly how folks will respond to treatment, and please remember that a chance of death is not the same thing as death!   If 99% of folks die that still means that one of them lived.   :-)  

The important thing is that she is getting excellent care and that she has family to support her during this time.  With all that going for her then I would just focus on supporting your brother and the family in any way that you can.  I'm sure it's a difficult time for everyone.  

Let us know how things are going -