LMP w/ Micropapillary Pattern
This is my first time posting to the Medhelp pages and I have read many posts of encouragement.  I had surgery on 1/10 to remove what we thought was one, but ended up being two ovarian cysts.  The first was 20x14x8cm the second 7x6x5cm - both came back with the following pathology report : Bilateral Serous Borderline Cystadenoma w/ Micropapillary Pattern.  Pelvic Washings - rare atypical papillary aggregate of cells.

During the surgery on 1/10 they performed a Bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy.  Now I have 'staging' surgery scheduled on 2/17 with my GYN/ONC - full Hysterectomy, removal of the omentum, and lymph node biopsy.  

Is there anyone out there that has had an similar experience, I'm trying to understand just based on what I know already what would I be staged at? and what are the side effects to losing your omentum?
Just what you have written so far would be staged as T1C= "tumor is seen in both ovaries with involvement of ovarian surface and positive pelvic washings. When they do your debulking and further staging surgery and after pathology comes back it will give your gyn/onc a better idea how to stage you further if need be.
Omenectomy is the total removal of your omentum as to reduce possible tumor bulk and decrease any ascities(fluid in the belly). There a no major side effects from having this procedure done for debulking surgery.
Awesome, thank you for the info.  I have been really nervous about this, but I guess there's no other way around it than the debulking/staging surgery to know the total extent.  It's the waiting around that seems to be the hardest part.
Confirmation of your stage won't happen probably until after the full surgery is done.  I would have a heart to heart with the gyn oc about the kind of LMP you have.  Micropapillary is usually treated more aggressively than other LMP tumors.

Good luck!