Ovarian Cancer Community
Large amount of fluid on left and right ovaries in ultrasound

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I am 40 years old. I just had a myomectomy on 3 months ago to remove fibroid tumor, endometrious, 1 cysts, and to clamp left fallopian tube . In the past 8 days been having sharp pain in left and right ovaries. Went to OBGYN today he did a vaginal ultrasound. Findings was another new fibroid, 3 more cycts, and very large amount of fluid on both sides of the ovaries. He said, he's never see anything like it meaning the fluid being large amount. He wants me to have a cat scan July 22 of my entire abdomen and pelvic. (upper and lower GI). My husband just died of cancer. Now I am scared to death and won't know anything till July 29, 2009. Why did he say that he has never seen anything like it?
Firstly Im so sorry for the loss of your Husband, I can understand why you are feeling anxious with your Doctors remark , sometimes they say  things without thinking that we are hanging on their every word and are scared (some lose the human factor) .
Is there any way that you can have an earlier scan? ,maybe  you could call him and tell him how worried you are and ask him how concerned he is with the findings.
Please let us know how you get on and try not to worry (I know its easier said than done)

Take care
Angie
Hello.....I would suggest you request a consult with a gyn/oncologist.  Not because this is cancer but because female reproduction abnormalities is their arena of expertise.  These are the guys who know their stuff.  I sure wouldn't want to wait for a month to see what is going on.  You need to be your own advocate and get a referral.
Please do let us know what you find out.
Peace.
dian
I'm so sorry about your husband.  It seems sometimes that it never rains but it pours!  I agree with both Angie and Diane.  I don't know where you live but here, in Canada, we have quite a wait for consults and tests so getting a jump on both things may cut down on waiting time.  Good luck!

Karen