Large cyst found on L Ovary - abortion & miscarriage a factor? Cancer risk factor? PLEASE HELP ME.
Hello all! The reason I'm writing is bcs I'm very worried. When I was 17 yrs. old I had an abortion at 13wks. About a year later I had a miscarriage. I was in a very abusive (sexualy, emotionally, & physically) and under an unimaginable amount of stress. I never was treated for the miscarriage and my boyfriend at the time forced me to have sex w/him more than 1x while I was still bleeding & when small "jellyish chunks" were still comming out (it wasn't the same day but very soon after).

I am now 24yrs. old and recently was told that my ultrasound had shown that there is about a 1 1/2-2 inch cyst on my left ovary. The Dr. did NOT say very much AT ALL except for showing me w/his hands the size of the cyst & telling me that I need to go to a gyno to get this looked at further..and that was it! He is a great Dr. who ALWAYS talks and explains everything to you, so I was a little concerned when he was much quieter about my apt. than usual.

I've also been having trouble breathing (shortness of breath-like I can't take full/deep breaths) and some chest pain. About 2 wks ago I was also in the ER for an ulcer. I couldn't stop throwing up and as I was, I had sharp pain which felt like it came from my R & Left ovary straight to my lower back. Since then (immediatly after), my left ovary hurt for about a wk or so (thats why I got the ultrasound).

My concern is, would my abortion & untreated miscarriage be a cause/factor for this? Is a 1-2 inch ovarian cyst a reason to worry??? I am also very scared about ovarian cancer. If the Dr. said it was a "cyst" would that in any manner relate to cancer?

PLEASE HELP ME OUT. I AM SO WORRIED AND ALL I CAN DO IS WAIT UNTIL I GET IN TO SEE THE GYNO. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!
You have a lot on your plate.  Fisrt there is no connection between abortions and cancer, and miscarriages do not cause cysts.  You physician is probably your family practice Dr. and not specialist in GYN, women's health, so that is why you are being referred.  The chance of having cancer is low for your age group, so try to stay calm and see the GYN. Also considering talking to someone about what is going on in your life, it might help your mental state.  Good luck
I also have a cyst about that size.  My ob is going to remove it laproscopicly (spelling?!) so that is why your pcp is referring you to your ob.  Your ob may suggest waiting a few menstral cycles to see if the cyst shrinks on it's own or he may remove it.  With a cyst of that size you are at risk for torsion or rupture, both can be painful so take it easy until you can see your ob.