Ovarian Cancer Community
Leaking Ovarian Cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Leaking Ovarian Cyst

I have a cyst on my ovary that is leaking.  My doctor told me to take it easy and it will heal itself, but, it has been 3 days and I am still in a lot of pain.  Any suggestions for want I can do?  How long does it take for this to heal?  Is this something that I am gonna need a second opinion on, or, does it really just heal itself?
What size is the cyst? Is it a simple/functional or complex cyst? Was it being monitored and how was it dx?

Anna X
3 years ago, I was told by a chiropractor that he saw a cyst near my ovary in an xray. About a year later, I was missing periods and my cycle became irregular a year ago. I tried the castor oil Dr. Cayce recommended, just applying it to the lower abdoomen every night, and covering the oily area with a cloth. Well, my period started in 2 days! Now I use it every night as it seems to be reducing the cyst. I actually forgot to use it for a few months and again myperiod stopped. I used it and it started the next day. I haven't had a sonogram yet but I have a feeeling that the cyst is somehow "disolved" by the oil. So this could be helpful. I found the oil on line but it is also at Whole Foods.

By the way, does anyone know what the correct sonogram is to check ovarian cysts; Pelvis trans abdominal or trans vaginal?
I JUST FOUND OUT I HAVE A OVARIAN CYST THAT IS LEAKING.IT IS REALLY PAINFULL THEYSAID IT COULD BE FROM OVULATING OR IT COULD BE BY MALIGNANT TUMORS. THE THING IS I HAVE MY TUBES CUT BURNED AND TIED AND THEY SAY IT IS NOT LIKKLEY TO OVULATE. SO THAT REALLY BRINGS ME A SCARE.I AM WAITING TO SEE WHAT FUTHER RESULTS ARE.HAS ANYONE HAD THIS WHAT DO YOU  THINK. IA JUST SCARED AND WANT ADVICE.
A tubal ligation does not stop ovulation. The egg developes and since the fallopian tube is closed, it is absorbed into the body by dropping into the abdomin (abdomen). A tubal ligation does not prevent you from getting ovarian cysts,  What you should ask for is  transvaginal ultra sound, TVUS,  to determine just how big the cyst is, what it looks like,  where exactly it is.  Ovarian cysts are very comman. 98% of them are benign, but you do need to have control of them.  When next you post please do not use caps as it distorts the reading ability.  Whoever told you about not ovulating  is wrong. If necessary get a second opinion.  Good Luck  Marty
My doctor cauterized my cyst, could he not try that?  Ask if you are still having trouble.

knewyork - transvaginal is probably better - going right in and looking - but not sure what a trans abdominal is.... never had one?  Where does that sonogram go in?

Best wishes!
Carol
Isn't trans abdominal just the jelly on the belly and scanning the pelvic area that way? I had both when I went in.
Doh, thanks, Ireneo.  :~)
I am 7 weeks pregnant and I have a small ovarian cyst that is leaking. Could the leaking fluid cause any harm to my baby?