Ovarian Cancer Community
Leg Nodules
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Leg Nodules

Does anyone know of a connection between nodules on the lower legs and ovarian cancer?  I had several small, painful nodules that were biopsied and the diagnosis was Erythema Nodosum - this was before my ovaraian cancer diagnosis in 2006.  They resolved during my chemo - Carbo/Taxol - that was completed in January.  They are back and my CA-125 is slowly rising again, all of the bloodwork for autoimmune disease is negative.  Any ideas?
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
167426_tn?1254089835
Erythema nodosum is uncomfortable, but it is usually not dangerous. Symptoms typically disappear within about 6 weeks, but may recur.

The nodules may be the cause of the rise in your CA125  It does not mention any connection with cancer in what research I could find.
Blank
I have posted before, and I have never had an answer from anyone who might be able to give me some adivice.  I am an older woman, full  hysterectomy at age 40, have some skeletal problems.  I think I have a tumour on the perineum, but I am embarassed to tell the doctor, just in case it isn't a tumour, but only a part of the vagina .  See why I am confused, please someone settle this for me, should I go see about it, or is it totally normal.  I should know my own anatomy, I know, but I am confused over this one.
Blank
I know it is not a Barth's cyst.,
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank