Ovarian Cancer Community
Leg Nodules

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Leg Nodules

Does anyone know of a connection between nodules on the lower legs and ovarian cancer?  I had several small, painful nodules that were biopsied and the diagnosis was Erythema Nodosum - this was before my ovaraian cancer diagnosis in 2006.  They resolved during my chemo - Carbo/Taxol - that was completed in January.  They are back and my CA-125 is slowly rising again, all of the bloodwork for autoimmune disease is negative.  Any ideas?
Erythema nodosum is uncomfortable, but it is usually not dangerous. Symptoms typically disappear within about 6 weeks, but may recur.

The nodules may be the cause of the rise in your CA125  It does not mention any connection with cancer in what research I could find.
I have posted before, and I have never had an answer from anyone who might be able to give me some adivice.  I am an older woman, full  hysterectomy at age 40, have some skeletal problems.  I think I have a tumour on the perineum, but I am embarassed to tell the doctor, just in case it isn't a tumour, but only a part of the vagina .  See why I am confused, please someone settle this for me, should I go see about it, or is it totally normal.  I should know my own anatomy, I know, but I am confused over this one.
I know it is not a Barth's cyst.,