Ovarian Cancer Community
Lesion on Liver...hmmmm....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Lesion on Liver...hmmmm....

Oopherectomy in 03 for ovarian carcinoma. Now new UTI type symptoms. CT finds no masses but some mysterious lesion on my liver. Further tests to follow. Anyone have similar experience or ideas about possible connections? Thank you.
I have a mysterious "spot" on my liver that has been there since my surgery. None of my Dr's seem to concerned about it, but of course it panics me! They suggested that it might be a cyst, which I have now discovered is fairly common, and totally harmless. They keep watching though, to make sure it doesn't get any bigger.
Becky
I'm not sure how this was diagnosed, but I do want to tell you that I do not have cancer (had two borderline muconous cystadenomas removed) but I have these same scary findings, so you have to be careful not to be too worried, but I suppose everything does need to be watched and classified.  The results of my MRI were like cysts everywhere, two HUGE ones in my spleen (I thought I had lymphoma) and one in my kidney, and one in the bottom of my spine.  The important thing is nothing has grown, and people are just cystic, regardles of any diagnosis of cancer.
I hope this is helpful to know, I know that I thought each and everyone was cancer, and I still plan to have an MRI every year of my abdomen and pelvic region to make sure.
So nothing can replace good medical care, and a close watch on anything that seems suspicious.
I wish you the best of luck and much comfort during the worry time (which seems to ebb and flow).