Ovarian Cancer Community
Link between complex cyst, ovarian cancer, and high white blood cell co...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Link between complex cyst, ovarian cancer, and high white blood cell count?

Hello - I am hoping to get a medical opinion regarding the following.  I gave birth 5 months ago.  Then I started to experience bloating in my abdomen, a general feeling of having "something" in my left side, and heavy vaginal discharge and irritation.  Upon hearing that I had a laparscopy in 1996 for a ruptured cyst, my PCP gave me a lab slip for a vaginal ultrasound.  She called me to inform me that I have a "complex cyst" on my left ovary, and that I should have another ultrasound in 6 weeks.  Coincidentally, I have an appointment with a nurse practitioner (ob-gyn office) on Thursday, Aug. 12th, for the vaginal discharge and pain.  My PCP asked that I take the ultrasound results to that appointment.  Taking into consideration my history as stated above, combined with my mother having had a hysterectomy for what I believe was "pre-cancerous cells" on her cervix, I'm quite concerned.  I know that I will get more answers and determine the course of action, but my question is this:  Last year, my PCP and rheumatologist determined that my ANA level and white cell count levels were "off the charts."  The rheumatologist is keeping an eye on me for possible lupus or arthritis. I was supposed to have follow-up blood work last January, but did not keep the appointment (which of course, I regret).

Could there be any relation between the high ANA result, the complex cyst, and the possibility of ovarian cancer?  I'm really worried.  Thank you...