Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Low grade endometrial stromal sarcoma
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Low grade endometrial stromal sarcoma

My sister has recently been found to have low grade endometrial stromal sarcoma. It was found on hysterectomy pathology specimen.  The pathologist has noted that the sarcoma was quite small, and was found inside a fibroid.  There were good margins around the entire tumor, with no evidence of extension.  He feels this was caught very early.  She will be seeing  a gynecologic oncologist next week, as her GYN is recommending a staging procedure, to check the lymph nodes, and remove her remaining ovary and cervix.  
My question is this:  If lymph nodes come back good, and this has been completely and totally resected, will she need further treatment, such as chemo and radiation?  What are the chances of this coming with...with or without chemo/radiation?