Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Lower right back pain..ovary related?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lower right back pain..ovary related?

Hi,
I am a 39y/o woman currently experiencing some lower right back pain. It started a week ago after a long (stop and go) drive. The next day I bent down to pick up laundry and my back spasmed.The pain radiates from my waist down to the middle of my buttock. I couldnt really move much the first day. Since then it has improved somewhat,and now only hurts while standing and definitely sitting. Laying down definitely relieves the pain, though sometimes it feels as though its radiating to my right ovary area, though only when sitting.
My concern however, is that is isnt resolving, and after reading (unfortunately) on the interenet, that low back pain can present as an early symptom of ovarian cancer I've grown concerned. I have had no other symptoms (i.e. bloating, nausea etc.)
I have no family history of oc. I have had 3 children (2 pregnancies) used fertility drugs for a total of about 6 months. My only other risk factor being that I have been obese since adulthood. I have always had normal periods, normal bowels, normal gastro. I had a normal gyn exam in september of last year. I have had an ultrasound 2 yrs ago which showed a few minor cysts on my ovaries, my gyn at the time wasnt concered, he was doing the u/s to do an endometrial biopsy which was negative for cancer.
My question is how concerned should I be, and should I call my gynocologist?