Ovarian Cancer Community
Lump by left ovary...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Lump by left ovary...

Well, I noticed a lump around my left ovary about 3 months ago. It doesn't hurt and it doesn't seem to be getting any bigger. I went to Planned Parent Hood to get a pap smeer and have the gynocologist feel this and see what it is. You can only feel it if you press down pretty hard and move your hand around a bit. She even put her fingers in me to feel it that way. She said that it's nothing, but if it starts to hurt or gets bigger, then to go back. That didn't really help, because I feel like it definatly is something. The reason I never got it checked out before, is because I thought it was just normal...

I don't know if this will help, but I am 18, I am about 5'4 and 107 pounds. I pretty much thought I could just feel one of my organs.

Does anyone know what this could be, or is it just nothing? I have been worrying myself sick over it for the past few weeks.
By the way, ever since I started having sex, I feel kind of..odd in that region. I have been having sex for almost exactly one year, and have been with the same guy ever since. We both gave up our virginity to each other..
First thing off did they do a u/s cause if they didnt she cant poosibly say that ya dont have a ovarian cyst..I could feel the one on my left ovary..It feels like a big ball setting in my stomach..So i would ask your doc to do a u/s or cat scan to rule out anything that could poosibly be there..
No, she didn't do that. But my parents insist that it's nothing now, especially because that's why the gynocologist said, and they won't take me back to the doctor..we don't have health insurance.
Oh, and if it is a cyst..can you die from a cyst? Whatever it is feels rather large..about 2 1/2 inches long. Since I was just at the gynocologist last week, I highly doubt my mom will even consider taking me anywhere else anytime soon, even though it was only $5.00, because our income is low. Not to mention my mom thinks I'm a hypochondriak.
No, it doesn't hurt and it doesn't bother me at all. It doesn't make me feel uncomfortable at all. The only reason I can tell it's there is because I press down and feel it.
Are ya feeling any discomfort with the knot..
i have the same thing, i can feel a lump on my right ovary inside me, it feels uncomfortable but not painful. It almost feels like a golf ball and i can feel pressure their when i sneeze and cough. . .My periods have also become practically non existent with a bit of 'spotting.' Are these symptoms what you had or that anyone has had? I am extremly afraid of the Doctors and I have had this for about 8 months. But I think as its getting more uncomfortable I may have to make the dreaded trip!.