Ovarian Cancer Community
Lump in groin and hip pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Lump in groin and hip pain

Hello my name is Kristen and I am 30 years old. A few months ago, I felt a small lump in my groin lymph node.
I went to the doctor (a walk-in clinic) and the doctor felt  it but dismissed it as nothing. I should note that I  have had sharp hip pain intermittently my whole adult life - during sex - that would go away when I moved my leg.
The lump has now swollen or grown, and I feel achy pain from my hip down to my knee, and sometimes into my calf (I feel some sort of pain or pressure everyday, but it seems to get worse closer to my period). I am also trying to conceive.
I am worried about this. What is your opinion?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
Enlarged lymph nodes in the groin can be caused by infection or tumours mainly malignant in the area of drainage that is the lower limbs and the pelvic region. Hence you need to consult a gynaecologist for a pelvic examination and also an orthopaedic Doctor for the hip pain. An ultrasound scan and CT scan will help diagnose any deep seated lesions in that area.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.
I had one two years ago (also totally dismissed by 3 doctors).  Be proactive and find a doctor who will deal with it and get you the ct.  

I suspect mine was related to a large ovarian cyst I just had removed but that's been there for a while.

Also, when I was very paranoid about it, I pressed and pushed on it all the time which made it swell and hurt.  It's hard not to do that, but doing it just increases anxiety.