Lymph node removal
I have been advise to have a hysterectomy because of possible ovarian cancer. I am especially concered about how extensive lymph node removal will be if they find cancer. As a breast cancer survivor I know the pain associated with lymphodema. Is their any proceedure for sampling, as opposed to removal, of lymph nodes for ovarian cancer???? Is it necessary for them to remove lymph nodes to legs?????  I am getting mixed signal about the later from the obgyn and the obgyn oncologist.
What makes the doctor think you have ovarian cancer at this stage?

Anna x
Dear Anna X - Thanks for your reply. I am new to this so I hope this gets to you. What makes the doctors think I may have ovarian cancer? In part it is my history: 2 rounds of breast cancer and five years on Tamoxifan. I have a polyp in the Uterus which has biopsied negative on a D&C. I have a cyst where my left ovary would be if it weren't that it was removed 30+ years ago. I have multiple cysts on right ovary ..... but I had chocolate cyts on that ovary 30+ years ago. The obgyn scarred me to death initially by guesstimating a 40% chance of cancer. A week later I went back and explained my gyn history and she reduced that to 10-15%. The obgyn oncologist also guessed 10-15%. Since I am post menopausal they have the usual ..... why not take it all out to be on the safe side philosophy. I do have some symptoms ..... bloating, crampiness, bladder irritability .... but then my mother just died a month ago and I have been under tremendous stress. I really don't need major surgery right now or the anxiety associated with a cancer scare. If you have any advise I would appreciate it.