Ovarian Cancer Community
MRI report says cyst behind uterus may have originated from both ovarie...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

MRI report says cyst behind uterus may have originated from both ovaries?? ??

I hope you all don't mind me asking some questions on here again, but I am NOT happy with the 2doctors I have seen so far. Not only have they been rude, but they don't answer my simple questions. Sorry, if I seem a little upset but the last doctor had me in tears she was so rude. Therefore, I thought maybe some of you would be able to offer some insight.

It says that I have a 6.2 benign cyst posterior to my uterus between both ovaries and it may represent a broad ligament cyst or some type of duct cyst (the transcriptionist left the line blank describing the type of duct cyst and no one has bothered to call the radiologist).

My question is on the following finding:

It says to not rule out that this cyst may have originated from both ovaries.

The last doctor says that isn't the case and this cyst has nothing to do with my ovaries that it is a cyst of morgagni or a paratubal cyst and I was born with it and it is nothing and if I wasn't having pain she would never even bother with the laprascope and just leave it there.

The problem is that I have SEVERE pain on my RIGHT ovarian area, so isn't it possible that a cyst could have grown from my right ovary behind my uterus? I would accept that this cyst is just behind my uterus but why am I having all this pain from my right ovary then. Also, the MRI says that both ovaries are totally normal.

So is anyone able to tell me what they mean on the report by saying the cyst may have originated from BOTH of my ovaries, also why the pain from the right ovary if it is behind the uterus?

Thanks SOO much!

By the way, they are telling me it is benign because my CA-125 came back at 7 (normal less than 21) and also the MRI report says it doesn't have the appearance to be suspicious of malignancy.

But I do know like you said that they can't really say for sure until it is biopsied.

Thanks again
Thank you for answering.

I DID ask that question and was met with a very rude attitude and this doctor said that she didn't believe that it could have originated from both ovaries because the report says my ovaries are normal YET the report states "cyst could have originated from both ovaries".

She was adament that this cyst has NOTHING to do with my ovaries and that it is just a cyst of morgagni or paratubal (fallopian) tube cyst that I was born with and it is very common and nothing and she wouldn't even bother removing it if I didn't have pain.

The other weird this is that I have had a few years history of having a right sided ovarian cyst that at last measurement was 2.8 cm and then the docs blew me off and said to forget about it and I didn't need to follow up.

YET I was still having pain and many other symptoms which led me to request the ultrasound and then this 6.2 cyst was discovered.

And yes they are suggesting laprascopic.

Sorry if this is confusing, but yes I did ask all the right questions.

Thanks again for any help/insight.

Marie
Forgive me for asking this question but did you ask the doctors what was meant on the report that the cyst originated from both ovaries and if so what answer did they give?  Also how long have you had this cyst and has it grown in size?

I would like to know how they can be sure it is benign as no cancer can be determined until it is biopsied.

Sometimes pain can be transfered from one area to another.  When I had gallstones I used to get the most awful pain underneath my shoulder blade at the back - which is nowhere near the gallbladder.  Something to do (I think) with were it used to be when in utero!

Are you having a laproscopic procedure?
Hi there,
         I had a somewhat simular experience, i was diagnosed with a right sided ovarian cyst that was 17 cm and they scheduled me for surgery and then decided to do an mri wich they then found out the cyst was left sided and i had another cyst wich was a dermoid cyst that was 10cm, then when i had the surgery the big cyst was actually like 21cm and the dermoid was the size of an x-large grapefruit....the point im getting at is i had to push myself on the doctors as i waited 5mnths for surgery even though i was in pain and had extra large cysts on both my ovaries and luckly i found an excellent gyno....keep going to doctors push for sugery...i feel so much better not having the cysts...and i dont look pregnent anymore...how old are you?....im 21 and im just wondering if its normal to have such large cysts at my age?..please keep me updated

i wish you all the best
Hi there,

I am 31. It is so awful to have all these troubles. Thanks for sharing your experience and I am glad that you are feeling better! As for if it is normal for your age, that I can't answer because I am not to much of an expert on this subject of ovarian cysts. I know they say that the small ones are common but as for large ones at your age, I am not sure. Did you ask your doctor?

Hope you continue to do well and best of luck!

Marie
Hi there, I wanted to tell you that when my daughter was 13 she had a grapefruit sized teratoma removed also. She ended up losing an ovary because of it.  From all the reading I did on it I found that they are most likely found in  young women. They dont even know much about them.  All the questions I had for the doctor were never answered because she couldn't answer them.  I wanted to know why it happens, how long it was growing before it reached grapefruit size! Will it happen again, Etc. etc.  The doctor didn't know and said she didn't, they have no way of knowing. I know this doesn't do you much good.  If you know any more then I do, please share with me.  Anyway, I just hope it doesn't happen to my daughter again, because she only has one ovary now.  Were you able to keep your ovary?  Mery