Ovarian Cancer Community
Major digestive issues - can this be the ONLY sign of Ovarian Cancer?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Major digestive issues - can this be the ONLY sign of Ovarian Cancer?

Hello.  I have been trying to get answers on the GI forum and thought I would also post here.    I had GI issues two years ago and had a full work up by both the OB/GYN and the gastroenterologist. The symptoms went away for almost two years, but now I have the GI symptoms again, WITH something new:  chronic diarrhea and cramping under my rib cage.  

A bit about my results here:

Colonoscopy and endoscopy 18 months ago when symptoms happened the first time - nothing remarkable, though I did have one colon polyp which was removed.   Also tested two months ago for celiac disease and for gallbladder problems.   The recent symptoms have been going on for four months now. I will have cramping and diarrhea for a week, then it will go away for a week or two with normal bowels,  then comes back.  I can only eat small meals and still get the cramping and diarrhea.  The doctor thinks it can be cleared up by taking probiotics, which I have been taking now for 2 months and feel no different.  I can't get back in for another two weeks (I actually had to wait FIVE WEEKS when I booked the appointment, so I am almost there).

OB/GYN did repeat CA125s and ultrasounds. CA125's were usually in the low 30's, though I did have one that was 46.  I also had a laproscopic surgery where she examined everything (this was also 18 months ago) and there was nothing remarkable.

CT scans done 18 months ago and nothing remarkable.

Questions:

1.  Are GI only symptoms common for OC?
2.   Should I ask for repeat of some of these tests since they were from so long ago?
3.  Wondering if any of this could be perimenopause, as I am 47 and had a few crazy things going on as well that are typical of that - getting hot, insomnia, changing cycles, etc.

Thoughts??? I am very, very scared and can't see the doctor (GI) for two weeks.  Also have an OB/GYN appointment, but it's another five weeks away!
1 Comment
Blank
To clarify, my symptoms are pain and cramping in the stomach area right below the rib cage (goes all the way across) and chronic diarrhea during these bouts of pain, not able to eat anything but a small meal.   No lower/pelvic pain or anything else, just this horrible pain under my rib cage combined with horrible diarrhea that won't go away :(
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank