Male relatives with cancer
Me again:

Dad has had prostate cancer, with bladder stones and kidney stones for those mid-section of the body type of issues.

Lately he dealt with thyroid cancer and just last week had surgery to get rid of another bladder stone. So even above the waist caused problems below the waist.  

I myself have had adenomyosis (with hysterectomy, kept ovaries), endo and now an ovarian cyst issue.

Do his problems pose concerns for me? I know prostate issues can pass on down to my son. Oh yes, his three brothers have prostate problems too. I think Grammy on Dad's side had ovarian cancer, but Mom says no, it was uterine cancer. I know Grammy was in her late 60's whatever it was, and she lived to be in her 80's. Time blurs the details but the basic idea was that she was "okay".

~Suzanne

Hi Suzanne, my dad had prostate cancer too. I have asked docs about a connection between that and ovarian cancer in daughters and the answers I have gotten so far is "no known connection". Has anyone else heard differently?

Linda J
I had the same concerns. My GP said he believed "perhaps" yet my gynecologist brushed it off!

You might search the Johns Hopkins site, it is extensive and has some links on topics such as this, although more on the breast cancer links in families.
according to my gyn/onc, ovarian, colon, breast cancers are pedigree, meaning they are related.
Yes, but is there a relationship to a father having prostate cancer and a daughter getting ovarian cancer?

Linda J
My father passed 20 yrs ago this summer from colon cancer, at the young age of 62.  I am 58 yr with Ovarian Cancer, stage3.
I believe so, there is a connection.