Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Metastatic CA Ovary Cse

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Metastatic CA Ovary Cse

My wife is 36 years of age.  Operated for Malignant ovarian Cyst (CA-125 = 52) in October, 2006, recvd 6 cycles of carboplatin and Taxol, completed in February, 2007.  In May, 2007 last CA-125 rose to 283.  Two cycles of gemcite and carboplatin given.  August first week ascitic tap given and 5 litres of haemorrhagic free fluid extracted.  CA-125 is 2838 on 11th Aug., 2007.   started 2nd line chemo consisting of caelyx and Gemcite.  May kindly suggest the possible cure or prognosis

DDR
Dear DDR,

You and your wife have been through alot! It must be very frightening and it sounds like she has not had a break since her diagnosis. I worry that her cancer is not very sensitive to being killed by chemotherapy. it sounds like the cancer has grown despite excellent chemotherapy choices.

having said that, there are some cancers that will respond to other types of drugs such as avastin. You should ask her oncologist about that option.

I do worry that if the current chemo does not control the cancer, her prognosis _ that is the chance of cure- is low. that is a very hard  thing to face at any age but it is unbearable to consider at her young age.

Please let us know how she is doing.
1 Comment
A related discussion, latest chemo for overian ca was started.