Ovarian Cancer Community
Might Have Ovarian Cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Might Have Ovarian Cancer

For the last 4 months I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with me. IT started out as constant permanent bloating and a nagging dull sometimes sharp pain on my left side that started at the belly button but the pain would move up and down from my rib cage to my pelvic area. I spent time with a GI doctor who did an endoscopy & colonoscopy, they found nothing. They gave me medicine for SIBO to see if I had that, the meds didn't do much. I used to be able to go to the bathroom up to three times a day. Now I'm lucky if I go once a day, the GI doctors gave up on me, they gave me meds for constipation, which helps me go to the bathroom once a day. They told me to see my Gynocologist. I spent another month getting ultrasounds, blood tests (for celiac), x-ray, ct-scan. All they found was a slightly inflamed gallbladder, they did a hida scan which revealed nothing. Then the Gynocologist told me possibly endometriosis, but to wait three months, I refused, so he did the surgery. They did find some small amounts of endometriosis. I was releaved I thought that my troubles were over. The second week after the surgery all my symptoms came back. My stomach was still bloated, and that nagging pain was there on the left side including the pain in my pelvic area due to the surgery I believe.I've dropped 25 pounds, when I eat my stomach gets bigger. No one will take me seriously to do anything about it. When I put my symptoms in Ovarian Cancer comes up. I want to get the CA-125 test done, b/c now that the endometriosis is out of my body if the numbers are high it cannot be from endo but from ovarian cancer. My doctor was so rude, he kept down playing my concerns, even though it runs in my family. He said my ovaries were perfect and they didn't see any masses on the scans I got, but in the early stages I have read that you wouldn't necessarily see any. I know my body and something is very wrong, I've never had bloating like this that never went away it's like a circle aruond my belly button puffed out. Everyday there is pain, sometimes duller in the morning, worse at nights. I don't know what to do or where else to go at this point. I feel like my Doctors gave up on me, and I'm still at square one.
1 Comment
You know your body. You know something is wrong so keep telling them. I have no clue what is wrong but there is something. I did not complain enough. I was losing weight like crazy and the doctors though it was IBS which made no sense to me. Finally I went to my GP and said "I do not know what is wrong but something is wrong. I can't keep food down". Just keep pushing.

Alex