Ovarian Cancer Community
Mild Dysplasia and Ovarian Cancer
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mild Dysplasia and Ovarian Cancer

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Mild dysplasia about 6 years ago(which I know little about)and was treated right away. I have had a normal pap smear each year. However, I was recently diagnosed with IBS and I have read that Ovarian Cancer can mask the symptoms of IBS so Ovarian cancer should be tested for so that it may be ruled out. Also when I went to the dermatologist I was told I had a cyst near my genital area and I was asked if my pap smear was normal and it was but I can't help but think about what I read about Ovarian Cancer.

Thank you for your time.
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
Hi
Pap smears don't detect ovarian cancer.  I had an okay pap result when I was diagnosed with stage III ovarian cancer.  

Ask your gyn about a CA125 test.  It isn't always reliable, but right now it is the best we have got.  

Blank
Whoa, cyst??? on what?  Displasia is an abnormal cellular change, not cancer, but can be the precursor to it.  I know, I had a "bad" pap nearly 15 years ago and had cryosurgery plus paps every 3 months for 2 years!  While everything went well, I took it very seriously.  Listen to your body.
Barb

Blank
I was diganosed with mild dysplaysia about 4 months ago. Does this mean that I have gential (genital) warts? I really dont know to much about this subject
Blank
I had prophylactic ovarian removal w dysplesia, does that mean I may have cancer someplace at sometime
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank