Ovarian Cancer Community
Mother-in-law with syptoms(symptoms) of Ovarian Cancer
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mother-in-law with syptoms(symptoms) of Ovarian Cancer

My mother-in-law has been going to different doctors for the last two years trying to find out what's wrong with her.  She has symptoms (in my opinion) of Ovarian Cancer.  She has severe Pelvic Pain that comes and goes.  The attack hits her about every 7 days.  She immediately takes a pain pill and the pain generally lasts about 4 to 5 hours after she takes the pill.  She is very tired the rest of the day and all of the next day.  She has frequent urination - at least every 45 minutes.  Her stomach looks very swollen all the time.  When she eats, she fills up very quickly.  Most doctors tell her she probably has Irritable Bowel Syndrone but she has none of the symptoms.  They keep telling her that she has UTI which could explain the frequent urination.  Is it possible to have Ovarian Cancer without having a Ovarian Cyst.  Her Gynecologist says she does not have a cyst but she hasn't done a pelvic exam to check for cancer and hasn't done a CA-125.  My mother-in-law is extremely frustrated and I don't know how to help her but she is steadily getting worse and no one is trying to find out what's wrong with her.