Ovarian Cancer Community
Mother-in-law with syptoms(symptoms) of Ovarian Cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

My mother-in-law has been going to different doctors for the last two years trying to find out what's wrong with her.  She has symptoms (in my opinion) of Ovarian Cancer.  She has severe Pelvic Pain that comes and goes.  The attack hits her about every 7 days.  She immediately takes a pain pill and the pain generally lasts about 4 to 5 hours after she takes the pill.  She is very tired the rest of the day and all of the next day.  She has frequent urination - at least every 45 minutes.  Her stomach looks very swollen all the time.  When she eats, she fills up very quickly.  Most doctors tell her she probably has Irritable Bowel Syndrone but she has none of the symptoms.  They keep telling her that she has UTI which could explain the frequent urination.  Is it possible to have Ovarian Cancer without having a Ovarian Cyst.  Her Gynecologist says she does not have a cyst but she hasn't done a pelvic exam to check for cancer and hasn't done a CA-125.  My mother-in-law is extremely frustrated and I don't know how to help her but she is steadily getting worse and no one is trying to find out what's wrong with her.
1 Comment
I am sorry that your MIL has had these troubles.  How does her gyn know that she does not have any cysts if #1 no internal exam has been done or either an MRI or a CT Scan or ultrasound, and even the CA125 test done.  She needs to demand that these test be done.  I would suggest finding a new physician maybe, because something isn't right, and she shouldn't be in pain and having to endure these symptoms, whatever it may turn out to be.  A doctor that just half listens, doesn't do anything, prescribes a pill and tells you to move on, needs to get the boot.  Good Luck and please keep us updated.    Jane