Ovarian Cancer Community
Mrs T Crossley

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Mrs T Crossley

Last year November my daughter in law had a partial molar pregnancy. This year she has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She is only 35 years old. Are these two conditions connected. She was told that 1 in 10000 have a partial molar pregnancy and she has been told that ovarian cancer in a women of 35 is also very rare. Please help .
What was her treatment after the molar pregnancy?  I had a sister in law with that and a mother and sister with ovarian cancer.  I find it appauling that they saw ovarian cancer in a 35 year old woman is rare. Through my journey I have met many people with ivarian cancer, and the truth is ....ovarian cancer doesnt care how old you are.   What stage is it?
35 years old with Ovarian Cancer is not rare and, for me, raises concerns about the doctor if that is what the doctor is saying.  

If you research this site, you will see that there are many young women diagnosed with this disease, I was in my 30s, I know of women in there 20s.  Cancer knows no age.

The conditions, as far as I know would not be related to eachother.  From what I saw, molar pregnancies have to do with the uterus.  

Is your daughter in law being seen by a GYN/Oncologist?  How do they know it is ovarian cancer?  Has she had surgery, a biopsy? A CT Scan, sonogram?  CA125 blood test?