Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Mucinous Cystadenoma
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mucinous Cystadenoma

Hi Dr.,

I had a large mucinous cystadenoma removed laproscopically at the end of Jan this year.  I had no symptoms
with it - it was found during an u/s for my pregnancy.  Now, 4 months later, I'm having pains in the area of the ovary that had the cyst.  I'm worried that it's grown back.  Does this type of cyst have a tendency to grow back?  Could it have happened so quickly?  Is it possible that the pain is scarring or adhesions?  And finally, am I at an increased risk for a malignancy having had one of these cysts?
Related Discussions
242604_tn?1328124825
Hi There,

if you only had the cyst removed but not the whole ovary, then yes it can come back as it may not have been completely removed.You should get a pelvic ultrasound which will sort this out

(Also please get a copy of your operative note and pathology report for your records)

Adhesions can cause pain.
cystadenomas are not associated with malignancy.
best wishes
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Chemotherapy Tracker