Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Mucinous cystadenocarnoma ... Help

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Mucinous cystadenocarnoma ... Help
I am 35 yr old with endometriosis and poly cystic ovarian syndrome, 7 days ago had a cyst, my right ovary and tube removed.  Have had several sonograms and tests monitoring this cyst because of noticeable mass within it.  Just had my follow up today and got results back stating it was mucinous cystadenocarcinoma of low malignant potential (mucinous borderline tumor).  T1a nx gb ... Dr. Stated I would need appendix removed and possible biopsy of remaining female parts and to see a oncologist.   Very confused and scared ... Any information would helpful as to where to go from here.
Hi There,
it sounds like you are getting the right treatment.
The most important piece of infromation is the pathology on the right ovarian tumor.
if this is a borderline tumor, then removing it surgically is curative.

You should ask your doctor how man cases of borderline mucinous tumors are seen by the pathology department at your hospital.
If this is a rare diagnosis for your hospital, then it is crucialthat you get a second opinion on the pathology.
That would mean sending the tissue to be looked at at a major academic center that has a vast experience with these tumors such as:

Massachusetts General Hospital
Mayo Clinic
MD Anderson
Johns Hopkins
and so on.

best wishes
Chemotherapy Tracker
Chemotherapy Tracker
Ovulation Tracker
Ovulation Tracker