Ovarian Cancer Community
Multiple ovarian cysts and cysts in cervix

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I had an ultra sound done last summer.
The report reads multiple follicular cysts on both Ovaries, Endometriomas and that I have cysts (0.4 cm and 1.3 cm) in cervix.  After a while the lady simply stopped counting.

I had a laboroscopy in Dec.'99 for endo. I then got worse in '04 after I had my 3rd child

It has been getting worse. I always have severe pain, but at times it gets completely unmanageble.  

I seem to go from sitting/sleeping (I get woken up from this pain w/my pain meds wear off), to full out screaming until I pass out,body goes rigid, eyes roll back *due to the intensity of the pain*, vomiting, diarhea (diarrhea) (intestines empty in about 60 min norm. after the cramps have been bad for a bit. (bas. I cramp so bad that it results in this type of diar.)). I have some lower back pain@times. I have problems emptying my bladder. I bleed heavily on my periods + there is a lot of clotting.

In the last week, things have gotten  much worse.  I scream pretty much every day through the large amounts of meds that my Dr is using to keep me out of bed/not sceaming.  There is a history of different types of cancer in my family (every single person has had diff types), and so Im left wondering.  I have been waiting for two years to get in to see someone 'n still waiting.

Are there tests that I could ask my PCP to do ? Which ones are best ?  Are things like this often warning signs of cancer later on ?  I have also lost between 60-70lbs in the last 9 months, due to all of this.
Avatar n tn
Please, please go see a gynocologist/oncologist ASAP.  They are trained in cysts, cancers of the female reproductive system.  This much pain is a SERIOUS sign that you need to pay attention to and have taken care of.  A regular doc nor a regular gyno is not going to be able to help you like a gyno/oncologist.  Seeing this specialist does not necessarily mean that you have cancer but he/she will be able to better diagnosis you and help you (quickly) with the pain you are experiencing whether that be with proper medication or surgery.  So please, please go.  I will be praying for you and please keep us posted as to what the gyno/onco says.

Hugs and Kisses to you,
Lisa
Avatar n tn
I have been waiting since I gave birth, April two years ago.  It seems like its never going to happen.

In the meantime I am on Oxycontin 40mgs x 2 per day and Oxy Ir 10mgs x 5 per day to control the pain.  As you probably know pain medication should never give euphoria as if it does, the patient has been given a dose thats too strong.  This dose that I am on does not do that to me, nor does it control all of the pain.  Its crazy I feel. I have never taken pain medication and now I am dwindling away to something that ...well....  

Over time the pain is getting worse like I mentioned and the meds are working worse and of course we are only maskin symptoms.  Without the medication, I would scream every day until I passed out, with them I only have the really bad attacks here and there.

Its been so bad at times that I have passed out in the bathroom and my husband has been beside himself at the door trying to get in as I lie on the floor in there. :(

I have always had my kids on my hip (matter of speaking) and now I barely crawl downstairs to cuddle them on the couch and try and keep a brave face on.  To make things worse my husband has a Ventricular Atrial shunt in (accident in the military) which is failing over time.  I will lose him over time and now this with me.  My little ones are only 13,6 and almost two years old....
Avatar n tn
I just asked my PCP to do a CA 125 and am going in tomorrow morning to get that done.  I dont have an apt until March 17th with a normal Gyno.

This past week things have gotten so much worse though and I know, just know something is really wrong.  I don't say that to be hysterical but more just of a matter of fact thing.