Ovarian Cancer Community
Multiseptated Cystic Structure and Hydrosalpinx

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I found out about two weeks ago that the pain I am feeling on my right side is a cystic structure 4.5cm and I have liquid from the fallopian tubes. Dr. advised to take birth control for 6 weeks and come back for another ultra sound. I am now getting gassy, and diahreah and still have the pain. I did go to another GYN but she did not take an ultra sound she just did a pelvic exam and said everything felt ok. She did order another ultra sound in 2 weeks.
I told her my history of polyps,fibroids,PCOS,ectopic pregnancys,etc
Should I just follow up again with another doctor or am I over reacting. I'm trying to learn to be more proactive about my health. I've been misdiagnosed in the past and I question everything doctors say but maybe too much.

The doctor that gave the u/s and then advised you to take birth control and come back is doing what many doctors would do.  Mine has done the same,  There is  a possibility that the cyst might shrink on b/c.  I think it's also common not to feel the cyst just by doing an internal exam as the cyst can move around and make it hard to get a good feel of it, also location of the cyst may have made it difficult as well.  Did doctor say it was a simple fluid filled cyst or a complex cyst (with some solid material in it as well as fluid) ?  

For now, what you have written seems like a good first step in dealing with the cyst.  The watch and wait is always a good first place to start on a simple cyst.  

He could not really tell anything regarding the "cysticstructure", he just said that he could see it better after the birth control. He also mentioned  fluid in my tubes.One of my tubes was adjusted about two years ago when doing surgery for removal of polyps and fibroids, so I'm concerned about that as well.I will wait for the two weeks and go back to the other doctor and get another ultra sound and see what happens. I'm just concerned because now I can visible see an area in my lower abdomen that is circular and sticks out a little. Guess this is normal and will just wait the two weeks.
is it still there when you lie down(the visable lump) as it could be a hernia. Have you had prevoius abdo surgery?.Dawn
Hmmmm Hernia didn't think about that. Yes I laid down and my husband says he can still see it. I will have to look into that. I have only had surgury for the fibroids,polys,DNC, but will look inot this. Thanks so much-