Mural nodules in ovarian cyst
The finnding of my first abdominal ultrasound 8 months ago showed 3.3 X 2.6 X 2.4cm cyst on my right ovary. My IM physician recommended we watch it, unless pain occurred.  Six months later my OB/GYN put me on 2 months of birth control pills to manage the pain that had become severe 2-3 days before the start of my period.  He also performed a vaginal ultasound and was confident the cyst was a simple cyst.  The birth control dose treated the pain, but the cyst was still evident on the second vaginal ultrasound performed in the OB's office.  He referred me to the hospital for another abdominal ultrasound.  The finding of the most recent ultrasound have me alarmed.  The physician's impression are "slight interval increase in the now 3.5 x 3.0 x 3.4cm right ovarian cyst with mural nodularity.  A cystic ovarian neoplasm cannnot be excluded and histologic confirmation would be required for further evaluation."  My OB referred me to another OB for evaluation and histologic finding.  He is on vacation and I will not see him in his office for two weeks and then schedule for tissue sampling.  Can this wait?  Would you recommend I see an Gyn. oncologist?  Does this look like ovarian cancer?
Thank you
i have now the written report of my tests in JULY,,that i demanded by my gp whom i fired!!! and see i have a mural nodule in t he cyst in my cervix,,i have lots of different things going on in my uterus and now in my colon,,,,,,,,,,,,,YEP wll duh 9 months later,,i guess i would,,i would go NOW if its an option i am in canada and our system is backlogged,,i have to wait but i know i have a decent doc now so i wont wait long,,hope i dont die